Daytona International Speedway welcomes media representatives from all over the world to our facility each year for a variety of racing events. From stock cars, to sports cars, to motorcycles, to go karts, the "World Center of Racing" has it all.
Our communications staff is dedicated to providing you with the service and information you need to cover events in a first-class manner. The information provided on this website is designed to assist you in coverage of every event held at the world famous superspeedway. Please let us know how we can assist you.
- Andrew Booth, Director of Public Relations
- Dawn Zinsmaster, Manager of Public Relations
- Bill English, Manager of Credentials
Contact us at (386) 254-2700 or email us at DIS-Communications@daytonainternationalspeedway.com
- Media Guide
- Credential Applications
- Media Credential Policy
- Credential Office Location
2018 Media Guide
The 2018 Daytona International Speedway Media Guide, which includes information about the “World Center of Racing,” Rolex 24 Weekend, DAYTONA Speedweeks Presented By AdventHealth and Coke Zero Sugar 400 Weekend, as well as driver records, is available below to view or download. Also available is the Bike Week media guide with race and rider records.
CREDENTIAL INFO AND APPLICATIONS
Note: Only applications from the email address of assignment editors, producers or similar authorized personnel will be accepted.
Please complete the document and email as an attachment to DIS-Credentials@daytonainternationalspeedway.com
Team Public Relations Representatives
Do not fill out the media application form. Team public relations representatives must have either a hard card or must obtain a credential through the sanctioning body. They can request an event sticker and parking pass by sending a request on company letterhead by email or regular mail. The request should include name, company, team they are representing, racing series and an address to mail sticker and parking pass.
Requests should be sent to DIS-Credentials@daytonainternationalspeedway.com or mailed to 1801 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32114. These event stickers and parking passes are for working PR representatives and not marketing managers or other team personnel.
MEDIA CREDENTIAL POLICY
Thank you for your interest in covering our events at DAYTONA International Speedway. These guidelines are intended to assist you in the credential process for all of our events at the Speedway.
Media Credential Policy
- All credential requests must be submitted by the media outlet’s editor, sports editor, sports director or sports producer, and should include everyone from the outlet that requires access to each event. Submission of an application does not guarantee credentials will be issued. All news and photo requests should be submitted on one application from the outlet.
- Credentials will be issued to authorized personnel only for the purpose of providing timely coverage of the event.
- Media credentials will be issued only to accredited newspapers, publications, news services and internet sites that offer dedicated and consistent coverage of events for which credentials are being requested, as well as local, regional and national television and radio networks.
- Freelance journalists and photographers must be on specific assignment and included on the application form submitted by the media outlet’s assigning authority.
- DAYTONA International Speedway does not issue credentials to “stock photo” agencies.
- Working media credentials will not be issued for non-working employees of an outlet, including, but not limited to individuals working in a media outlet’s marketing, promotions, sales, advertising, public relations, etc. departments.
- All applications will be carefully screened. DAYTONA International Speedway reserves the right to approve or deny credential requests, as well as the number of credentials and access issued.
Annual Hard Cards
Media members who possess an Annual Hard Card issued by the respective sanctioning bodies and are on assignment to cover the event are required to submit an application to receive access, reserve seats in the media facilities and parking. A parking pass and media facility access sticker will be mailed if time allows, otherwise it will be held for pick up at the Speedway Credential Office on Dunn Avenue.
Some sanctioning bodies issue Annual Hard Cards to photographers which only provide access to the pits and garage area. The Hard Cards do not provide access to media areas or restricted photo areas, nor do they secure event parking. Daytona International Speedway will provide credentials with appropriate access and parking only to those photographers who are on assignment from an accredited media outlet for the purpose of providing timely coverage of the event.
Team Public Relations Representatives
Do not fill out the media application form. Team public relations representatives must either have a hard card or must obtain a credential through the sanctioning body. PR representatives can request an event sticker and parking pass by sending a request on company letterhead by email or regular mail. The request should include name, company and team they are representing, racing series and an address to mail the sticker and parking pass. Event stickers and parking passes are for working PR representatives and not marketing managers or other team personnel.
Requests should be sent to DIS-Credentials@daytonainternationalspeedway.com or mailed to 1801 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32114.
How To Apply
- All credential requests must be submitted by the media outlet’s editor, sports editor, sports director or sports producer, and should include everyone from the outlet that requires access to each event.
- If you (the media outlet) have not previously covered an event at Daytona International Speedway, please complete the Media Application Form and email it along with a letter of request on company letterhead. Include links or pdf files of the outlet’s previous race coverage, which should include the credits of the reporters/photographers/videographers for which credentials are being requested. This applies to traditional publications and internet sites. Email the Media Application Form and all supporting materials to:
- If you (the media outlet) have covered events at Daytona International Speedway, complete the Credential Application Form and send by e-mail to:
DIS-Credentials@daytonainternationalspeedway.com or by mail to 1801 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32114.
- All requests must be received at least 14 days in advance of the event to be given consideration.
- Upon review and approval of a media outlet's application, appropriate media credentials will be arranged and confirmation will be sent. Each person receiving a credential must pick up and sign for his/her credential at the Speedway Credential Office on Dunn Ave.
All credentialed media will receive a track credential with access stickers to indicate approved access areas based on media outlet needs and requirements while on assignment. Outlets will have a limit on the number of access area stickers provided per event.
- NASCAR HOT/COLD Garage Access: NASCAR issues a limited number of HOT and COLD garage passes to DIS and the Speedway will issue a limited number to each outlet based on need for access. A media outlet may only request two garage passes for each event. HOT garage passes allow access into the NASCAR Cup garages at all times, including when there is track activity. A COLD garage pass allows access into the NASCAR Cup garages until one hour before cars go on track. Times for HOT and COLD garage access are available in the Media Center.
- M Sticker: This sticker allows access to the infield media center and the press box in the tower. It does not reserve a seat in the media center. If you wish to reserve a seat in the media center, please indicate that on the application.
- PH Sticker: This sticker allows working media photographers and videographers to receive a photo vest and access to the photo work room. Photo vests can be picked up in the media center only after the photographer attends a photo meeting. Photo meeting times will be communicated in advance and will be posted in the media center.
- Camera Sticker: This sticker is required to be placed on each video camera being used by videographers the entire time the camera is being used at the Speedway.
- RF Sticker: This sticker allows access to the roof. Each outlet may only request one of these stickers, though access is not guaranteed.
- GVL Sticker: This sticker allows access to Gatorade Victory Lane. Each outlet may only request one of these stickers, though access is not guaranteed.
- Parking: Media parking for race events is extremely limited. Some events may have parking located outside of the track and requires media members receiving parking to take a tram into the infield and back out to their vehicles.