SPEEDWAY FACILITY RULES & PROHIBITED ITEMS
The below polices are for the following events at Daytona International Speedway including: Roar Before the Rolex 24, BMW Endurance Challenge, Rolex 24 At DAYTONA, DAYTONA Speedweeks Presented By AdventHealth, Bike Week, Coke Zero Sugar 400 weekend and Fall Cycle Scene.
- Gate Policies
- No Smoking Policy
- Camping Policies
- Pet Policy
- Code of Conduct
All Fans are allowed to bring in their own food and beverages to every racing event.
Smoking areas are located inside the venue. Smoking is not allowed in the seating areas.
In order to provide everyone with a safe environment, the following policies will be in effect:
Permitted items include:
- One clear bag or backpack per person (maximum size of 18"x18"x14") or clutch bag/fanny pack (maximum size of 4.5"x6.5")
- Sunscreen, sunblock, hand sanitizer, and bug spray (aerosol, gel or liquid forms)
- Pre-packaged and sealed food and beverage items, including alcohol (no glass)
- Insulated cups - maximum size of 64 oz
- Cameras, binoculars, scanners and headsets that can be worn over the neck, on the belt, or carried in your clear bag
- iPads, tablets and laptop computers
- Seat cushions without metal components
- Cigarettes and lighters
- Service animals
- Nationality flags attached to a pencil-sized wooden stick. Flags may not obstruct another fan's view of the racing action
Prohibited items include:
- Weapons (firearms, knives, etc.) and all other items restricted by Local, State or Federal law. This includes pocket knives.
- Displays of the confederate flag
- Glass or ceramic of any kind
- Dry ice
- Any bags, backpacks or containers that are not clear or are larger than the allowable size
- Laser pointers
- Noise makers and air horns
- Aerosol cans (with the exception of sunscreen, sun block, hand sanitizer, and bug spray)
- Selfie sticks
- Tripods and monopods that are either solid or collapsible
- Illegal substances of any kind
- Seat cushions with metal components
- Collapsible chairs
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), also known as drones
- Frisbees, balloons, beach balls or any other projectile
- Skateboards, hover boards, roller skates and bicycles
- Obscene or indecent clothing
Any other items deemed inappropriate or unsafe may be refused at the discretion of security and management. These items are subject to change without notice. There are no provisions for checking and holding items deemed restricted. Restricted items may not be left at or around the gates. Items left unattended will be removed and discarded.
Unauthorized Item Check-In
On major event days, information booths at designated Gates will check in and hold certain items until post-race. Weapons, Fireworks, and hard-sided bags/coolers will not be accepted for check-in.
NO SMOKING POLICY
Frontstretch seating is smoke free, including electronic cigarettes. We provide designated smoking areas throughout the facility where our fans who smoke may continue to do so. These locations are clearly marked with signage. Please see an Usher or Security Officer for assistance with directions to the nearest designated smoking area.
GEICO CAMPING INFIELD
- No fences allowed (bike rack, plastic etc.)
- Free-standing scaffolding or platforms are not permitted. Structures permanently attached and flush to the top of your vehicle will be allowed at the Speedway's discretion.
- Fireworks, firearms, bicycles, motorcycles, skateboards, drones, hoverboards, cruising or excessive unnecessary driving is not permitted in the infield (motorcycles allowed during Bike Week only).
- Powered carts, ATVs, three-wheeled vehicles, scooters, lift trucks, tractor trailers, unpermitted golf carts, box trucks will not be permitted on the premises.
- In the GEICO Campground no vehicles over 8 foot in height or 20 foot in length are permitted. Anything larger will not be permitted to enter. Valid for tents, cars, pickup trucks, pop-ups and campers that do not exceed 8 foot height restriction. No motorhomes, box trucks or 5th wheels permitted.
- Displays of the confederate flag will not be allowed
GEICO PARK WEST
- Fireworks, firearms, sleeping tents, cruising or excessive and unnecessary driving is not permitted.
- Powered carts, ATVs, scooters, unpermitted golf carts will not be permitted on the premises.
- Displays of the confederate flag will not be allowed
We recognize pets are like family and want to make your visit to our Speedway the best ever. Since we do have many responsible fans and pet owners, we allow pets in our GEICO Park West and GEICO Infield RV & camping areas.
To make sure we are offering all of our guests the best experience we ask pet owners to follow these policies. If at any time these policies are not adhered to, we will request your pet to be boarded immediately.
- All pets must stay within your assigned camping spot; do not walk pets along roadways.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets and must dispose of their waste properly.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Please respect your neighbors.
- Excessive barking or aggressiveness is not permitted.
- Pets are not allowed in the garages or any restricted access areas.
- The Speedway recognizes the importance of service animals in assisting guests with visual and other impairments.
- These animals are welcomed throughout the property, but must remain leashed and harnessed at all times.
- Guests are required to bring their own pet waste disposal bags.
- Guests who bring service animals may request wheelchair seating to accommodate the service animals safely and comfortably.
CODE OF CONDUCT
To ensure a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all guests at Daytona International Speedway, the following code of conduct has been established. Each guest is responsible to:
- Show respect to all guests, Speedway employees and their property
- REFRAIN from:
- Sitting in a reserved seat without the appropriate ticket
- Unruly, disruptive, verbally abusive, threatening or illegal behavior
- Foul, abusive or obscene language, gestures, acts, signs or their display on clothing
- Throwing objects within the venue or onto the racing surface
- Possession inside the property of items not allowed for gate entry
- Intoxication to the point of impairment or resulting in irresponsible behavior risking yourself or other guests
- Fighting, taunting, harassing or threatening other guests
- Displaying signage or flags that impede sightlines, the event broadcast or on-track competition or contain inappropriate, controversial, prejudicial, obscene or offensive symbols, slogans, language or imagery
- Attempting to interfere with on-track competition
- Observe no smoking policy in all seating areas, inside the entry plaza admission gates, on the escalators or stairs, in elevators and general concourse areas. Smoking is only permitted in marked areas of the concourses
- Comply with all infield camping & GEICO Park West published rules
- Follow all instructions of Speedway personnel
- Comply with all local, state and federal law while on the Speedway property
- All persons entering the Speedway are subject to reasonable search to protect the safety of the public and to ensure compliance with this Code of Conduct
- Items intended for sale or trade may not be brought onto Speedway property, including the parking lots, without a written agreement with the Speedway
- The unauthorized resale of tickets in, on or around the Speedway property is not permitted under any circumstances. Persons caught selling tickets in violation may have their tickets and their right to future tickets to the Speedway revoked. To avoid using counterfeit or stolen tickets, please purchase tickets through authorized Speedway ticket outlets only
Speedway management reserves the right to amend these items and has final determination in what is included in each.
Guests are responsible for their own behavior and the behavior of guests who they have provided admissions to. If Speedway staff or Law Enforcement personnel need to respond to and intervene on any of the above prohibited behaviors, those found to be in violation of this Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund. Violations may result in the loss of ticket renewal privileges to future events and/or arrest.
With your help, every guest will have a positive and memorable experience while visiting the World Center of Racing.